February 04, 2014

Happy Birthday Book List


Has this happened to you: a friend whom you've known for what feels like eternity, with whom you have shared every blessed detail of every nook and cranny of your life, suddenly enlightens you to something you were previously oblivious to?


In this case it's about books.  Something so simple, but man was I excited to make this discovery!  Ok, so to back up:

I keep my books organized because it would drive me crazy if they weren't.  Seriously.  The adult reads are shelved together, the books we use for Bear's important work are grouped and organized by topic (and out of reach of little hands), and there are low, easy to access book shelves full of picture books. 

 My last category-seasonal- houses all the books that have to do with particular holidays, seasons, and festivities.  Some are obvious like Christmas, or Halloween.  Some are more subtle: feast days of saints, start of school season, getting sick...


Ready for my newest category?!  BIRTHDAY!  How did I not ever sort that one out?  Oh the joys of being enlightened.  Without further ado... the birthday book list:

Happy Birthday Moon………………  Frank Ash
Mr. Rabbit and the Lovely Present…..  Charlotte Zolotow
A Baby Starts to Grow………………..  Paul Showers
Ask Mr. Bear…………………………. Marjorie Flack
The Berenstain Bear’s New Baby…….  Stan and Jan Berenstain
The New Baby………………………… Mercer Mayer
On the Day You Were Born…………..  Debra Fraiser
The Berenstain Bears are a Family……  Stan and Jan Berenstain
I’m A Big Brother……………………… Ronne Randall
Cupcake……………………………….  Charise Mericle Harper
I Love You the Purplest………………..  Barbra Josse
If You Give a Pig a Party………………  Laura Numberoff
On the Night You Were Born…………  Nancy Tillman
I Loved You Before You Were Born…...  Anne Bowen


What books from your household would be great additions to this list?

2 comments:

Ms Bernardo said...

Nice. Might just have to repost and you know where! Hope all is well

Emmy said...

Love Happy Birthday Moon.. I will have to see if I can think of other good birthday books

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs