March 18, 2014

Over break I had another Avett moment


Break was good.  Here are some of the reasons why:  
**************************************************

Last September I wrote a warning to my children about the Avett Brothers concert that never was.  I have a postscript:
Dear Bear and Ace,
C and I DID follow through.  Our 1 year minted friendship with Central Park J,  recently led us back to Manhattan.  Back to the Avett Brothers and as a serendipitous bonus, Mama's beloved "Old Crow Medicine Show".  What started a year ago as a rainy, anonymous meet-up, has come full circle into generous offerings of a warm bed, concert buddy, and subway navigator.


                                       the view from J's apartment

Now I'm not saying I would be cool with either of you doing what I have done.  In fact, I would be terrified for your lives.  However, these past two NYC visits have done nothing but to reinvigorate my notions that in general: people are good and honest, and life is ours for the asking.  That's the takeaway, not so much "run off to NYC with a girlfriend to meet up with strangers and see a major concert at the Barclays Center."

Love Mama,
PS: Scott and Seth Avett are brothers.  Just sayin'... 

*************************************************************************

Champ had a conference in Newport, RI. and the boys and I got to tag along; a rare, rare treat!



                                                "Save the Bay" educational center 

**************************************************
My Mom received an award for all her hard work at the school district she recently retired from.  Much deserved, Mom!


************************************************

My sister-in-law and brother had twins.  TWINS! 


                                                                  nephew E

                                                niece H

They are as awesome as you could guess and my sister-in-law is now a minted rockstar!  Here's what I'm finding though- twins are hard to keep track of.  I don't even have great photos yet because you are either holding one of them, or accidentally taking a photo of one you already have a photo of.  Not that multiple photos is ever a bad thing, but can you see my dilemma?  I'm gonna work on that for the future.

************************************************

Be back soon,

3 comments:

smalltownme said...

Yes, there are nice people everywhere. So glad you got to see the Avett Brothers! I got to see them last summer and it was a wonderful concert.

Devon said...

I can't believe how big your boys are getting! Oh my! And TWINS.... props to your sis-in-law! Hope they are healthy and well!

AngelaShep said...

Did you see the Avett Brothers are coming to a certain town where we went to college this summer?

The twins are adorable!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs