November 17, 2014

Better than two gifts


A Goat. A Lighthouse.
A Lighthouse. A Goat.
Whenever asked about gifts, those are my answer. That's it- two things! 
Champ says I'm difficult.


Though he must love me very much because, while I still don't own a white, male goat named Philippides, I DID just return from a brief family trip to a lighthouse.  All Champ's idea- I swear!


Perhaps I need mention that we've visited a different lighthouse every year since 2001 or so, when I came up with the brilliant plan to use a lighthouse photo for our Christmas cards; insurance that I'll consistently swoon over one yearly lighthouse.  But a lighthouse family picture on my birthday?  That's a first.  You outdid yourself this time, Champ.  


This is very secretive business until the cards are mailed.  Very hush hush.  So for now, just a smatterings of clues.  Oh, and field notes: it was windy which made for some interesting photography, and quite cold which made everything besides the photography... quite interesting.


































~we are told to let our light shine and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does.  Lighthouses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine.~       -Dwight L. Moody

Happy Holidays
Happy Birthday to me.  
Love,



1 comments:

smalltownme said...

Beautiful pictures. I love lighthouses, although I haven't been able to visit very many.

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs