December 12, 2014

Moments with Mutts












Because of my dogs, I'm committed to finding animal inspiration in the day to day moments.  What animals inspire you? Share your stories and links in the comments!   
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Huckle had a birthday and he invited two of his most favorite Vermont gals to attend.  We think he turned 4, but perhaps the celebration is more important than the number?  All dogs I have ever owned are adopted, therefore their birthdays tend to be sketchy.  I give them a date for celebration by picking the holiday closest to our adoption date; most of the time this involves saints since us Catholics really like to have feast days for saints.  In Huckle's case his birthday falls on St. Nicholas Day.   Always such a good kick off to our Advent Season!




The boys leave out their shoes to hopefully be filled with small 
treats from Saint Nicholas.  This year they were delighted to each find a small telescope among their gifts.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The Links:

This could be my mantra

entertaining because it doesn't even make sense

- "King" creates his own weather report (what I love about this clip is the meteorologist- a pit bull comes flying at him, but he responds with love and humor, not fear and terror.)


The Dogs:


















*edited to add: so power's back, buy my internet is still a little wonky.  When I created this post, HTML and I had a fight, and the coding totally won.  Bear with my stark, simple sentences and misplaced spaces.  By next week things should be back in order.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs