December 10, 2014

Not the harshest of conditions


Ice and snow are having their way with us up here in Vermont.  It's pretty.  It's difficult. That blurry 6yr old snowmobiler loves it.





This is our second day without power; the phone line went today as well, BUT notice the dining room light.  It's on!  For the first year ever we have a generator; we currently have a few other guests in our house, so that generator is particularly beloved these days!  It helps us meet the bare minimum of luxury and since blogging does not equate there, I really must keep this short.





Life has been keeping Champ and I moving along rapidly with our hands clasped in prayer.  It began near Thanksgiving with prayers of gratitude gleefully screamed across our dinner table (it had been a particular year for some of us), morphed into a high pitched plea when we heard news that Mark's grandfather was in the hospital under serious conditions and that another family member had recently passed away.  It has now balanced out to a daily check in with my Maker:

Dear God thank you for my life.  For the ability to up and run to be at a beloved's bedside states away- an ability only available because my parents unflinchingly switched their travel plans for me. For friends helping us at home, and for us helping them while they create their new home.  For birthdays and babies and strong, good lives remembered.  For great grandparents who can derive so much pleasure from my impish boys and for a great grandad who continues to methodically beat the odds.  And for generators.  Thank you very much God for generators.  Keep me focused and strong, compassionate and understanding.  Remind me that it's ok that I'm unable to use my ELECTRIC oven in this season of Christmas cookie making because really, that's not what this season is about anyway.  You might need to remind me more than once, but I promise it will eventually sink in and I will be all the better for it. 



Love,

1 comments:

elizabeth said...

Lord bless your family members who are ill! so glad you have a generator. God bless you and keep you all, including keep you warm! :)

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs