December 01, 2014

You May Proceed







That Thanksgiving prep work kept me moving at a clipped pace, and this week promises to deliver the same as there are some behind the scenes things to attend to.  In an attempt to stay true to this year's family motto of "Stay Calm" (I will be the family member to struggle the most with that concept, by the way), I will proceed through this week in as organized a fashion as I can muster.  Perhaps I will not be back in this space for a few days, but don't fret.  I will have soup wherever I am because it's one of the most nourishing, comforts food I know of.  And times like these require homemade soup.


There's my pot of turkey carcass goodness.  Soon enough it will be a sustaining broth for the week.   Do you still have some Thanksgiving bones kicking around?  You should follow my lead; it's worth it since you never know when the day's gonna call for soup.  If you need a crash course, two good places to start are:

"Soup and Bread" by Crescent Dragonwagon
and "Nourishing Broth" by Sally Fallon and Kaayla Daniel

My friend M, gave me the Fallon book for my birthday and I owe her a big thank you (thank you, M!).  I've been making soup stocks for quite some time, but the tips in this book raised my finished products to a heavenly level!

Carry on everyone.
Love,

3 comments:

smalltownme said...

I love soup. It's so comforting.

Linda said...

There are several things that are comforting to me, and soup is definitely one of them. Thank you so much for your visit and kind comment on my blog post. I do struggle with depression myself and I know that many others do, and I think it is good to talk about it and to bring awareness in relation to mental illness. I find that people are so ready to talk about physical ailments such as cancer, arthritis, etc., but for some reason many people are uncomfortable with mental illness. Perhaps it is because they don't understand it, or perhaps they are afraid of it. But I think if more people realize that our mental health affects our physical health and that talking about it openly and honestly, and asking questions about it, trying to understand it, then there won't be so much of a stigma. Please know that you are welcome to visit my blog anytime, it would be an honour to have you. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. I love your blog. :)

elizabeth said...

nice to meet you TJ! thanks for your comment on my blog! hope to see more of you here and in comments, you are always welcome! Soups sure are wonderful in winter! God bless you and your family!

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs