April 29, 2015

Don't trust a red winged blackbird








Apparently, Spring has been distracting me.  I have been walking around the yard with my camera to my eye.  Looking for earthy scenes to snap, tripping over the extraneous garden equipment, toys, kitchen sinks, hibernating Bigfoot that never got tidied up before the snowflakes fell last season.





It wasn't even hard finding signs of Spring, or at least Vermont's version of them: I know what emerged pinecones on the forest floor and children in only sweatshirts means.  The red winged blackbird's song confirmed it.  Though I thought that bird had my back!  Good 'ol BB failed to mention this 2015 sign of spring...



Since when did he morph?  These crazy birds are singing each morning about the babies to hatch from their eggs and here I am searching for where my supposed baby went.  Do you know how grateful I am that he is holding "bear"?  At least that means he's not quite 30 yet.  I told Ace to tackle that maturity right out of his older brother...




Well done, Ace.  In closing, a test:




How old would you say Ace is in these photos?  (you know what the correct answer is, people.  Don't fail me unless you want to be considered a raven evermore).

(also, I kinda sorta tend to separate blog life from my real life, but I can't ignore this particular tugging any longer.  So a moment to acknowledge the big picture: Nepal.  And closer to home on my "dear friends front" (tonight you know who you are) let me spend a moment on a different awfulness.  My heart aches for your family's tragedy.  My head hurts trying to fathom how to help you through it.  I pray.  I think of you every moment.  I love you.  I will call again tomorrow.)

6 comments:

Jan K said...

They grow so fast, too fast, don't they? You are a fellow New Englander! I am in NH, not too far from the VT border. BTW, the boys are adorable!

smalltownme said...

My goodness, now they've grown! So cute!

T.J. said...

Jan, New England rulzzzzz!!!

T.J. said...

No no you have it wrong- they have.not.grown.at.all. ;)

Caroline Hampton said...

Just stopped to by to Hi to an old friend :D!! WOW ~ your boys have seriously grown :D Time roars on doesn't it?! I hope you and yours are well ~ you and they look it. Much Love x

elizabeth said...

awwww, love 'bear' :) Just catching up on things here...I've been waiting for a moment to just read your lovely blog again!!! thanks SO MUCH for your kind comment a few days ago, it really blessed and touched me.

So sorry that you have dear friends with sadness/tragedy too. it's hard but God is our hope and our light in darkness...

God bless you and your STILL YOUNG little men!!! (and your Champ of course!) :)

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs