April 27, 2015

Moments with Mutts









Because of my dogs, I'm committed to finding animal inspiration in the day to day moments.  What animals inspire you? Share your stories and links in the comments!   
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
This past Sunday was the precise moment Spring arrived at my house.  Sure, sightings of the beaver working on their lodge act as a groundhog forerunner for us, but when the ice on our lake (it's 2 acres; sometimes I call it a lake, sometimes I call it a pond.  Either version allows for kayaking.) has melted away and the water foul paddle amuck, THAT'S when I first consider putting the snow gear away.  Huckle gets flat out giddy when the megansers and Canadian geese and wood ducks arrive; they signify that soon oh so soon, he will be swimming about in his beloved lake.
52 Snapshots of Life

Spring fever has me swinging by The Lazy Pit Bull to participate in this week's "Snapshots of Life" challenge: Earth.


THE LINKS

= crows shop well and give the best gifts

= I have big aspirations for the summer

= An octopus pretends to be a hermit crab (or a Hollywood star sick of paparazzi cameras!)

= "Pet" the sheep thinks she's a dog.  I dare you not to laugh a bit...



THE DOGS


"HEY!  I think the water is almost the perfect temperature for me!"

Champ calls the geese "the investigators" because as soon as anything is spotted by them,
    they head on over to check it out.                                                                                                      

Huckle enjoys their attention.



Let's hear it for Spring!

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

fun! pets are such a joy and comfort to us! Spring IS coming!!! :)

T.J. said...

And now last night, Elizabeth, I head a woodcock peeping in the woods... Spring has GOTTA BE close ;)

Jan K said...

Your lake/pond looks beautiful! My dogs are envious...they would love to live on the water (as would I). It's so nice to see ice gone and spring finally here (though it's dragging its feet where we are).

T.J. said...

Thanks Jan~ our spot is my own little slice of heaven :) I relish it all the more since Champ and I used to live in an entirely different kind of setting.

Post a Comment

At any given moment, if you're inspired to leave a comment, I'm inspired to smile :)

 
© Any Given Moment
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs